Seasonal Reservations Agent
- February 6, 2020
- Job Openings / Seasonal Employment / Seasonal Employment with Potential for Year Round
Position Title: Seasonal Reservations Agent
Standard Wage: $15.00 per hour + $1.00 per hour timecard bonus
Working Season March 9 – October 2
End of Season Bonus May 1 – October 2 (per handbook)
- $ 1.00 per hour End of Season Bonus
- $ 1.00 per hour Safety Bonus
- $ 1.00 per hour Wellness Bonus
Organizational Unit: Reservation Sales
Working Conditions: Shift is 10:30am to 7:00pm, Five days a week including weekends and holidays with a ½ hour lunch.
Supervisor: Customer Service Manager
The Reservation Agent is primarily a sales position. The Reservation Agent is responsible for booking motorhome rental reservations by providing impeccable customer service and encouraging the customer to finalize their reservation. In addition to being able to sell reservations to customers, the Reservation Agent is expected to perform other general operational duties.
Time Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell available rental dates and optional rental items.
- Answer phones in a courteous and professional manner.
- Accurately answer customer’s questions, update Mailing List/Reservations database.
20% Client Record Maintenance
- Take client reservations, update Reservations database.
- Accurately set up and maintain client files.
- Process same day follow up on late deposits.
15% Cashier/Customer Service Representative/Office Support and Projects
- Provide office administrative assistance support to Board of Directors, General Manager, Customer Service Manager and Service Department Management.
- Type correspondence and maintain forms.
- Assist with the opening and closing of the business for the rental season, including inventory and inventory quality control, vehicle paperwork and vehicle preparation for rental and sale.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: 2 years office and clerical experience, with 1 to 2 years customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Ability to sell available reservation dates to prospective clients optimizing number of rental days.
- Must be able to consistently present the business in a positive and upbeat style. Customers need to hear our “smile” over the phone.
- Ability to accurately account for cash and other financial transactions.
- Ability to pay consistent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely organized and accurate.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others as well as alone.
- Ability to draft and accurately edit general correspondence.
- Familiarity with computers and word processing with knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Able to accurately type 40 words per minute.
- Must have consistent and reliable work attendance and be to work on time.
- Must have clean driving record and maintain same during employment. Current copy of driving record is required. Insurance requirements do not allow us to hire any applicant that has been convicted of reckless driving or driving while intoxicated.
- Must be able to work until October 2nd, including weekends and holidays.