Customer Service Supervisor
- January 10, 2019
- Job Openings / Seasonal Employment / Seasonal Employment with Potential for Year Round
Seasonal Customer Service Supervisor
Salary Range: $18.00/hr
- $ 1.00 per hour Time Card Bonus
- $ 1.00 per hour End of Season Bonus
- $ 1.00 per hour Safety Bonus
- $ 1.00 per hour Wellness Bonus
Organizational Unit: Management
Working Conditions: 5 to 6 days a week. Day off varies. ½ hour lunch. Between 6:30 am to 8:00 pm, averaging 35 to 45 hours per week
Supervisor: Customer Service Manager
Supervises: Customer Service Personnel
Time Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- 20% Reservations Department Supervision
- Responsible for: Provide department supervision when called upon by the Customer Service Manager.
- Performing reservations duties as needed.
- 60% Customer Service Department Supervision
- Responsible for: Training and daily supervision of department staff
- Ensuring department accuracy in completion of client documents and sales transactions
- Overseeing the scheduling of daily work assignments
- Identifying and promoting CDW and rental item sales expectations
- Staff direction and interpretation of company policy as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve customer problems
- Resolving customer problems promptly and efficiently in the best interest of the company and to the maximum satisfaction of the client
- Presenting damage assessment work orders to customers for collection
- Coordinating customer compensation decisions with the General Manager
- Directing staff support in end of season shut down activities
- Performing Customer Service duties as needed
- 20% Other
- Responsible for:
- Assisting in building security, securing trade secrets and keeping confidential and other proprietary information secure
- Assisting General Manager in authoring client and company correspondence
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor degree or similar preferred
Experience: 1 to 3 years of supervisory level experience. If no degree, 2 to 5 years of supervisory level experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be 25 years of age
- Ability to effectively motivate, direct and supervise staff
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate organizational expectations to subordinates
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, ongoing activities, assignments or projects
- Ability to assist with the operational management of the company
- Strong writing skills in customer and employee correspondence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self starter, with ability to logically think through a project, and follow through to completion
- Ability to identify department goals, develop programs, policies and procedures to reach those goals
- Ability to resolve customer complaints in a polite and courteous manner
- Ability to pay consistent attention to detail
- Ability to make sound fiduciary decisions when negotiating financial settlements with customers, balancing customer needs with company goals
- Ability to successfully accomplish basic accounting and bookkeeping activities
- Able to accurately type 40 words per minute
- Familiarity with computers as well as Excel, Word and Outlook preferred.
- Must have consistent and reliable work attendance and be to work on time
- Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license and have, and maintain, a very good driving record
- Must be able to work any day of the week as necessary.
- Must be able to work through October 6th, including weekends and holidays.
- Must punch in and out for the workday and for your lunch break.