Assistant Customer Service Supervisor
Initial Wage Range: $20.00 to $24.00 per hour
Working Conditions: Seasonal employment from May 1st through October 7th, 2022. Five days a week including weekends with 1/2 hour lunch. 40-45 hours per week.
Supervisor: Customer Service Manager
Organizational Unit: Customer Service Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training and daily supervision of department staff.
- Ensuring department accuracy in completion of client documents and sales transactions.
- Oversee the scheduling of daily work assignments.
- Identifying and promoting Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and rental item sales expectations.
- Staff direction and interpretation of company policy as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve customer challenges.
- Resolving customer challenges promptly and efficiently in the best interest of the company and to the maximum satisfaction of the client.
- Presenting damage assessment work orders to customers for collection.
- Coordinate customer compensation decisions with the General Manager.
- Directing staff support in end-of-season shutdown activities.
- Performing Customer Service duties when needed.
- Assisting in building security, securing trade secrets, and keeping confidential and other proprietary information secure.
- Other duties as needed.
- 1 to 3 years of supervisory level experience. If no degree, 2 to 5 years of supervisory level experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be 25 years of age.
- Ability to effectively motivate, direct, and supervise staff.
- Ability to communicate organizational expectation clearly and effectively to subordinates.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, ongoing activities, assignments, or projects.
- Ability to assist with the operational management of the company.
- Strong writing skills in customer and employee correspondences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, with ability to logically think through a project, an follow through to completion.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions when negotiating financial settlements with customers.
- Ability to successfully accomplish basic accounting and bookkeeping activities.
- Able to accurately type 40 words per minute.
- Familiarity with computers as well as Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred.
- Must have consistent and reliable work attendance and be to work on time.
- Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license and have, and maintain, a very good driving record.
- Must be able to work any day of the week as necessary.
- Must be able to work through October 7th, including weekends and holidays.
- Must punch in and out for the workday and for your lunch break.
* Certain restrictions, qualifications, and limitations may apply. All bonus program wages are earned as outlined in the current Great Alaskan Holidays, Inc. Employee Policies and Procedures Manual. The wages per hour presented in this publication represent the earning potential for this position if these conditions of employment are met.
Employee Benefits – Employee recognition program, Company-sponsored luncheons
Training – Training is the key to employee and company success. At Great Alaskan Holidays, each employee is trained for the duties and responsibilities of their position in the interest of safety, employee satisfaction, and company success.
Bonus – Great Alaskan Holidays offers a substantial bonus program for Seasonal team members. The end-of-season, safety, and wellness bonus program starts no earlier than May 1st, or the date of hire, whichever is later.
Full Time of Part Time – Full time hours are an average of 28-45 hours per week. Part time hours are negotiable.