Assistant Customer Service Supervisor
Initial Wage Range: $18.00 to $22.00 per hour
Working Conditions: Five days a week including weekends with 1/2 hour lunch. 40-45 hours per week.
Supervisor: Customer Service Manager
Organizational Unit: Customer Service Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training and daily supervision of department staff.
- Ensuring department accuracy in completion of client documents and sales transactions.
- Oversee the scheduling of daily work assignments.
- Identifying and promoting Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and rental item sales expectations.
- Staff direction and interpretation of company policy as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve customer challenges.
- Resolving customer challenges promptly and efficiently in the best interest of the company and to the maximum satisfaction of the client.
- Presenting damage assessment work orders to customers for collection.
- Coordinate customer compensation decisions with the General Manager.
- Directing staff support in end-of-season shutdown activities.
- Performing Customer Service duties when needed.
- Assisting in building security, securing trade secrets, and keeping confidential and other proprietary information secure.
- Other duties as needed.
- 1 to 3 years of supervisory level experience. If no degree, 2 to 5 years of supervisory level experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be 25 years of age.
- Ability to effectively motivate, direct, and supervise staff.
- Ability to communicate organizational expectation clearly and effectively to subordinates.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, ongoing activities, assignments, or projects.
- Ability to assist with the operational management of the company.
- Strong writing skills in customer and employee correspondences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, with ability to logically think through a project, an follow through to completion.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to make sound decisions when negotiating financial settlements with customers.
- Ability to successfully accomplish basic accounting and bookkeeping activities.
- Able to accurately type 40 words per minute.
- Familiarity with computers as well as Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred.
- Must have consistent and reliable work attendance and be to work on time.
- Must have a valid Alaska driver’s license and have, and maintain, a very good driving record.
- Must be able to work any day of the week as necessary.
- Must be able to work through October 7th, including weekends and holidays.
- Must punch in and out for the workday and for your lunch break.