Did you know...
Orientation times are determined by motorhome availability, and will be scheduled as close to your requested pick up time as possible. We will not begin a orientation later than 6:15 p.m.
Before the vehicle is picked up, we will provide a complete orientation and introduction to your motorhome, which will include a brief video of basic instruction on driving the vehicle and the mechanical features of both the chassis and the coach.
Your return time is determined by your requested return time. If your travel times require, you may return the motorhome earlier than your requested return time. For returns, our gate is unlocked at 6:55 a.m. and our office opens at 7:00 a.m. Our administrative and service offices open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 5:00 p.m.
Late Night Departure
If you have a flight departing late in the evening or early in the morning we can make arrangements for you to check in the afternoon before the motorhome is due back. In this case you would return the motorhome before 5:30 p.m. on the day before it is due. We will check in the motorhome at that time and complete the necessary return paperwork. Once the motorhome is checked in, the driving portion of your rental ends. After we park the motorhome on our lot, you may stay in the vehicle for the evening. If you will be taking our complimentary shuttle to the airport prior to closing, you will need to arrive at our location no later than 6:00 pm, have your return process completed and your luggage curbside no later than 6:15 pm. If you have a later flight we will arrange for a taxi to take you to the airport for your flight. You will be responsible for payment of the taxi fare.
Keep in mind, you pay for the number of nights that you have rights to occupy the vehicle so your rental needs to run to the morning following your Return by 6:00 p.m.
Your family has a flight on Alaska Airlines leaving Anchorage at 11:15 p.m. on August 12th. You need to select a Return Date of August 13
We call this a “Return by 6:00 p.m.”
Why would you want to do a Return by 6:00 p.m.?
For several reasons:
- If you have a late night or an early morning flight, it gives you the opportunity to drive the motorhome right up until 6:00 pm the day before your scheduled return day. 6:00 p.m. is our latest return time. At that point the driving portion of the rental is over but you can still occupy the motorhome to shower and pack your suitcases and get ready for your flight home.
- It is a very relaxing ending to a relaxing vacation. No need to find an RV park in or near Anchorage. When you choose our return by 6:00 p.m. option, you can stay at our facilities without any additional charge. Hint: If you are going to shower and get cleaned up before your flight allow enough time to fill the motorhome with water and empty your gray water tank (shower and sink water) at our private, convenient and complimentary dump station (Great Alaskan Holidays customers only).
- Our new location is only a short 12 to 15 minute walk on a paved bike path that follows the Old Seward Highway , where you will find many restaurants and the Dimond Mall with movie theaters and shopping. A list of area restaurants, including those that deliver will be in your motorhome. Additionally there is a gourmet coffee shop and deli next to our location. (Hours 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. subject to change.)
- If you have a late night departure we will arrange for a very reliable taxi service to pick you up at our facility at any hour.
- If you have a very early departure the following morning, the motorhome will already be checked in and your luggage packed. You can take our first courtesy shuttle van to the airport which is available to leave between 7:05 a.m. and 7:15 a.m. The shuttle will arrive at the airport approximately 15 minutes later.
Again, you pay for the number of nights you have the rights to occupy the motorhome. If, for example, you wish to do a Return by 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon, you need to select Wednesday as your return day. Otherwise, the motorhome will be required to be brought back on Tuesday at the scheduled return time.
Courtesy Van Service
We offer courtesy van service to and from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport . Details of airport pick up will be explained in your confirmation letter which will be mailed to you after your reservation has been processed.
To assist your trip planning, the hours for our courtesy van service when picking up your motorhome are from 7:00 a.m. to 6:30* p.m., (again, with most pick up times between 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. with the last orientation beginning no later than 6:15 p.m.).
We are unable to transport children in our Courtesy Van under Alaska Child Passenger Safety Law without the proper customer-provided child safety device.
Child Passenger Safety Law Summary (Alaska)
Alaska’s law requires children ages 7 & under who are less than 57” in height and weigh less than 65 pounds to be secured in a child passenger restraint system. Children less than 1 year of age, or children who weigh less than 20 pounds must be secured in a rear-facing child safety seat. Children ages 1 through 4 who weighs 20 pounds or more shall be secured in a child restraint device. Children ages 5 through 7 who are less than 57” in height and weigh at least 20 pounds, but less than 65 pounds shall be secured in a booster seat.
You must provide these devices, as Great Alaskan Holidays, Inc. does not provide child safety devices for infants or children. If you do not have the proper child safety device with you, you will need to provide your own transportation to and from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. Most taxi services do provide a child safety device in the taxi. Again, you must provide these devices, as Great Alaskan Holidays, Inc. does not provide child safety devices for infants or children.