- Depart/Return: 12:00 p.m. –5:00 p.m.
- Dates: May 13 –September 10
- Retail Price: $88
- Vessel: Star of the Northwest, 115 ft. monohull
- Capacity: 196
- Cruise the calm, protected waters of Resurrection Bay
- View alpine and piedmont glaciers
- Ideal for families traveling with small children
- Onboard National Park Ranger
- Alaska salmon and prime rib buffet available
- Wildlife: whales, sea otters, Steller sea lions, harbor seals, seabirds
This cruise provides the best opportunity for wildlife viewing in the protected waters of Resurrection Bay. This cruise is a better option for those who are prone to seasickness.
What to wear…
Even on the warmest summer days, the temperature on the water can be cool, especially in front of the glaciers. We recommend guests dress in layers so they are comfortable at the different stages of the cruise. All of their vessels offer heated, enclosed cabins, but to really experience the wildlife and glaciers of Kenai Fjords, you’ll want to spend some time on the observation decks. Those planning to be on the outside viewing decks should bring a rainproof jacket, hat and gloves. Comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles are also important.