- Departure/Return: 12:00 p.m. –4:00 p.m.
- Dates: February 25 & March 4 –May 14
- Retail Price: $84
- Vessel: Viewfinder, 58 ft. monohull
- Capacity: 36
- Witness the return of gray whales to Alaska on their incredible annual migration
- First opportunity of the season to cruise
- View alpine and pediment glaciers
- Wildlife: whales, sea otters, harbor seals, seabirds
This is our first cruise of the year and is the only opportunity during the season to witness the gray whale migration.
What to wear…
Even on the warmest summer days, the temperature on the water can be cool, especially in front of the glaciers. We recommend guests dress in layers so they are comfortable at the different stages of the cruise. All of their vessels offer heated, enclosed cabins, but to really experience the wildlife and glaciers of Kenai Fjords, you’ll want to spend some time on the observation decks. Those planning to be on the outside viewing decks should bring a rainproof jacket, hat and gloves. Comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles are also important.