Our 6 Hour Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise explores the world of whales, wildlife, and glaciers found in Kenai Fjords National Park. Our experienced captains will fully narrate your journey and will point out the spectacular sights while providing information on the area’s wildlife, history, and geology. You will spend time in front of a towering tidewater glacier and watch for calving, where giant chunks of glacial ice break off and crash into the water.
Choose from two different departures in 2022! In addition to the afternoon departure, the morning 6 Hour Cruise will depart at 8am and return at 2pm for the early morning risers.
- Visit an active tidewater glacier
- See wildlife such as orca whales, humpback whales, Steller sea lions, harbor seals, puffins, eagles, and many species of seabirds
- Captain narration and interactive program for kids
- Complimentary deli lunch for all guests with choice of three sandwich options: turkey, roast beef, or vegetarian. Please note of dietary restrictions at the time of booking.
- The afternoon cruise is the best cruise option for those traveling with round-trip transportation on the deluxe motorcoach from Anchorage
What to wear…
Even on the warmest summer days, the temperature on the water can be cool, especially in front of the glaciers. We recommend guests dress in layers so they are comfortable at the different stages of the cruise. All of their vessels offer heated, enclosed cabins, but to really experience the wildlife and glaciers of Kenai Fjords, you’ll want to spend some time on the observation decks. Those planning to be on the outside viewing decks should bring a rainproof jacket, hat and gloves. Comfortable walking shoes with rubber soles are also important.